↠ Vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Sandwich Bites.
If you have been following along lately, you maaaay notice that I have somewhat of a sweet tooth. I think I was just born with it frankly. However, trying to turn a treat into something a little healthier never hurts? Ice cream sandwich bites! No baking, no churning required.
It's a super easy vegan friendly recipe.
- 1 cup date paste (pitted dates blended)
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3-4 frozen bananas
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Optional: more chocolate chips
- Combine all the cookie dough ingredients. Mix. It should just barely hold together, if it’s too dry add more date paste.
- Divide into 2 equal parts.
- Press half of the dough into the bottom of an 8x5' pan (or a loaf pan or even a tupperware container) lined with parchment paper.
- Blend the frozen bananas and coconut milk until smooth. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and blend briefly to combine.
- Pour on top of the cookie dough.
- Freeze for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes to prevent ice crystals.
- Press the other half of the cookie dough into a rectangle.
- Once the ice cream is firm enough, add the top layer of cookie dough and gently press.
- Freeze overnight (or at least 8 hours).
- Once frozen, slice into bars and enjoy! Keep in the freezer.
Click the photos to bring you to Amazon to purchase or for more detail!