↠ Peanut Butter & Coconut Cups! ↞
I would like to first thank Erin Ireland for the inspiration & for sharing her lovely recipes! She has inspired me to create more plant based desserts & attempt recipes I thought I would never be able to achieve! The coconut filling recipe below is Erin's. I would just love to share it with you all!
While creating my cups I didn't have all the ingredients to my the chocolate coating but I would highly recommend going that route instead of melting semi-sweet dark chocolate chips because once they freeze and if it is too thick... You might hurt your teeth!
For the coconut filling:
- 1 414mL can coconut cream (refrigerated for at least seven hours)
- 1 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla
- 1 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
For the peanut butter filling:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
For the chocolate coating:
- 1 c. coconut oil
- 1 c. cocoa or cacao powder
- 1/3 c. maple syrup (or more, to taste)
- 3/4 tsp. Himalayan or sea salt
- Splash vanilla
- Add all filling ingredients into a bowl and combine until smooth with a whisk. Note: for the coconut cream, use only the solid ‘cream’ component (discard or save the watery part for a smoothie). Set in fridge while you make the chocolate coating.
- Melt coconut oil in a medium bowl. Add remaining ingredients and whisk together until smooth.
- Place baking/muffin cups in your muffin pan (if your paper muffin cups are firm enough you may not need the muffin pan — I find it helpful). Pour a small amount of liquid chocolate sauce into each cup and roll it around so that the chocolate coats the lower sides of the cup. Set in fridge to firm up and then repeat this process up to four times.
- Next, add your coconut filling to a ziploc bag and snip off the corner of the bag. Pipe the filling into the cups – as little or as much as you like. I like lots.
- Lastly, with a spoon, finish the cups by spooning more liquid chocolate into each muffin cup — make sure the coconuty filling is completely covered. Place in fridge until completely firm and enjoy!